Always be moving forward.That’s the motto the Ohio State men’s track team has going into this weekend’s Indiana Relays in Bloomington, Ind.“It should be a competitive meet,” head coach Ed Beathea said on the teams the Buckeyes are set to run against.Teams like Alabama, Xavier, Notre Dame, Northern Illinois and Indiana are among those set to compete in the meet this weekend.Junior sprinter and hurdler Timothy Faust said he expects the opponents to push the team to greater success and even help him run his best race yet in the 200-meter dash.“This is a chance for us to compete against some good guys from the conference,” Faust said.He added that the team goal for the meet is to continue doing the things they have been doing right and to work hard.Redshirt-freshman sprinter and hurdler Donovan Robertson is expecting the same work ethic the Buckeyes have shown all season from at the meet.“Every week, we are getting better and better,” Robertson said. “Last week was a solid week, I hope we can continue.”Robertson added that getting the chance to compete against conference teams is good for the Buckeyes.“I couldn’t really tell you which (team) is bigger than the other but the fact that they are Big Ten conference teams I think they are all really important,” Robertson said.At the meet, Robertson is slated to only run the 200-meter dash instead of his usual sprints and hurdles. Robertson said this is his first time running the 200-meter dash since high school, but he is excited to run it.Beathea said the coaches start to put runners in single events to get them more competition-minded as they move into February and get closer to the indoor Big Ten Championships.Aside from individuals competing at a high level this weekend, Beathea said he is looking forward to seeing the relay teams show what they can do.“We anticipate running our A (4×4) team this weekend,” Beathea said. “Right now (it’s) a top 10 relay team in the country, we hope (it) will be competitive.”As the indoor season continues on into another weekend of races, Beathea said it is exciting because team members are becoming more tightly knit.“It’s nice to go to the meet and see the guys engaging in what other guys are doing. Guys supporting each other, that’s what it is supposed to look like — less like an individual sport and more like a team sport,” Beathea said.That camaraderie of the team is something he anticipates will help make them successful this weekend.“We want to go out and compete. We want for other teams to know that we were at the meet,” Beathea said. “We want to have a presence at the competition.”The meet is scheduled to start Friday and continue through Saturday.
AS Roma’s Alessandro Florenzi has hailed Eusebio Di Francesco’s tactical changes in their shock 3-0 win over Barcelona and insists that they were “tactically a step above” their opponentsAfter a 4-1 defeat at the Nou Camp during their first leg clash, Roma were heavily expected to be eliminated on Tuesday night against a Barcelona side that have gone an incredible 38 games unbeaten in La Liga.Yet, the Giallorossi left the Catalan giants stunned at the Stadio Olimpico with a new 3-4-1-2 formation proving to be a deadly move on Barcelona with Edin Dzeko, Daniele de Rossi and Kostas Manolas goals securing a 3-0 win for the hosts.“To be honest, we never really felt it was at risk tonight, as Barcelona did nothing to cause us problems. We put in the perfect performance,” Florenzi told Mediaset Premium (via Football-Italia).“Tactically, we were a step above them. If Barcelona don’t get to play the ball to feet and pass it around comfortably, they really struggle.”Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.The defender remained evasive in regards to the new formation being used in future matches.“The Coach will decide, but what we saw tonight should increase this man’s credibility. We players never doubted him, but some in the media and the stands…” said the 27 year-old.“At half-time, he told us to stay calm, as we knew that we could achieve this miracle. We brought home an historic result. Roma hadn’t been in a semi-final for 34 years.“I really like having three defenders, as it gives me more security to go forward and put crosses in, but it’s up to the Coach to decide.“It was wonderful to see the Olimpico packed. I expect to see this many fans in the Derby against Lazio too.”
England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford was the hero in Tuesday’s penalty shoot-out victory over Colombia after he saved Carlos Bacca’s effort and he channelled his inner Cristiano Ronaldo to celebrate with his teammates afterwardsThe Everton goalkeeper came into the side’s last-16 clash against Colombia on the back of a wave of criticism for his disappointing performance against Belgium in England’s final Group G match.But Pickford produced a superb display at Moscow’s Spartak Stadium, which saw him not only save Bacca’s penalty but also had him produce surely one of the greatest saves at this World Cup after denying Mateus Uribe thunderous shot from 30 yards.Uribe would later miss his penalty against Pickford in the shoot-out by hitting the crossbar as England sealed their place in the quarter-finals of the World Cup with their first ever penalty shootout win in the tournament.Afterwards, Pickford turned and twisted in the air and threw his arms down in a similar fashion to Ronaldo’s famous goal celebration before being mobbed by his teammates.Fiorentina owner: “Ribery played better than Ronaldo!” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso was left gushing over Franck Ribery’s performance against Juventus, which he rates above that of even Cristiano Ronaldo’s.Harry Kane had given England the lead with a penalty after the break, before Yerry Mina equalised in stoppage-time with a superb header.England will next face Sweden in their first quarter-final appearance of the World Cup since 2006 on Saturday.Pickford did the Ronaldo celebration ?? pic.twitter.com/bRhr8jZiY7— Bateson87 ?????????????? (@bateson87) July 3, 2018
Real Madrid will likely have to make do without Isco for this Saturday’s El Derbi against Atletico Madrid due to an acute appendicitisThe Spanish midfielder experienced stomach pains on Tuesday and will now miss Real’s trip to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, where they will take on Sevilla.Los Blancos boss Julen Lopetegui confirmed that Isco will have to undergo surgery but refused to confirm whether he could be available for this weekend.“He had a stomach pain this morning. It looks like appendicitis,” said Lopetegui on the club website.“Hopefully it’s a speedy recovery. When a player’s out it’s always bad news and we wish him a speedy recovery.“We’ve got a good squad and somebody else will have to play. I have total confidence in the rest of my players.”Zidane hails ‘quality’ James Rodriguez after Real Madrid’s win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane reserved special praise for James Rodriguez after his starring role in Real Madrid’s 3-2 win over Levante.“I have not been able to talk to him. He’s about to go into surgery. I hope he can quickly get back into shape.”Full-back Dani Carvajal is also a doubt for Saturday after missing training on Tuesday and will skip the game at Sevilla.“We’ll see [if Carvajal will miss El Derbi]. He had an overload and has not improved as we expected,” said Lopetegui.“We have to wait. He will not play against Sevilla. It’s an injury you have to look at day by day.“Injuries will happen. In this case it’s been unfortunate, but they are normal. We have to face them with a level head and with confidence in the player who comes in.”
Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane has backed Liverpool to sustain their Premier League title challenge to the very end of the season.Liverpool are top the Premier League table after their impressive 3-1 home win against rivals Manchester United on Sunday.Keane believes the winning mentality and confidence in Jurgen Klopp’s side can take them all the way this season.“Can they maintain it? Without a shadow of a doubt,” Keane told Sky Sports.Report: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…“They have the squad, they all seem onside – when you win football matches you get that momentum, confidence. Unless they have a disaster with injuries to their attacking players, they’ll be in the mix.“We’ve thought with Liverpool over the last few years, yes, they’re nice to watch but are they really going to be good enough to win the big prizes?“I think the signing of Virgil van Dijk was massive. I know the goalkeeper made a mistake but he’ll be a massive player for Liverpool and if they stay injury-free with the attacking players, there are trophies on the way to Anfield, without a shadow of a doubt.”
Jury finds Jose Ines Garcia Zarate not guilty in 2015 death of Kate Steinle in San Francisco Updated: 3:30 PM November 30, 2017 , Posted: November 30, 2017 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN FRANCISCO (KUSI) — A jury reached a verdict Thursday in the trial of Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, a Mexican citizen and undocumented immigrant charged in the 2015 killing of Kate Steinle in San Francisco. According to CNN, the jury found 54-year-old Garcia Zarate not guilty of homicide charges, but he was convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm.The handgun belonged to a Bureau of Land Management ranger who reported that it had been stolen from his parked car in San Francisco a week before Steinle was shot.Prosecutors called Steinle’s father as their first witness.Through tears, with a packed courtroom hanging on every word, Jim Steinle recounted the final moments of his daughter’s life after she was shot.He told the court that he and a family friend were visiting his daughter and they went for a walk on the popular waterfront.The elder Steinle said he heard a loud “bang” and his daughter collapsed in his arms, saying “’help me, Dad.’”Jim Steinle said her eyes were closed and she had trouble breathing.”I couldn’t figure out what was wrong,” he said, choking back tears. “She didn’t have any health problems.”He rolled her on her side and discovered a bullet hole with little blood. Paramedics arrived and she was later declared dead at a hospital.Garcia Zarate had acknowledged shooting Steinle in the back. He has said he was handling the handgun when it accidentally fired.Garcia Zarate had been deported five times and was homeless in San Francisco when he shot Steinle. He had recently completed a prison sentence for illegal re-entry to the U.S. when he was transferred to the San Francisco County jail to face a 20-year-old marijuana charge.The shooting touched off a political furor during last year’s presidential race, with President Donald Trump citing the killing of 32-year-old Steinle as a reason to toughen U.S. immigration policies.
According to the online trooper dispatch, Troopers from Anchor Point and Soldotna responded to investigate. The investigation showed a 12 year old male student had repeatedly made threatening statements about the school and that he was going to bring a gun to school. After consulting with the Division of Juvenile Justice the male student was taken into custody and remanded into the Kenai Youth Facility. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Alaska State Troopers have detained a 12 year old male student in connection with threats made against the facility at the Ninilichik School. Troopers worked with the Ninilchik School staff during the investigation to ensure the safety of the school, students, and staff. The investigation at this time is still ongoing. On February 20, around 4:20 p.m., AST received a report from a concerned parent about a student making threats toward the Ninilchik School.
ADC AUTHOR Air Force Col. Marc Packler, commander of the 375th Communications Group at Scott Air Force Base, Ill., has been recognized as a recipient of ADC’s 2019 Military Leadership Award. Serving as the chief of the base’s cybersecurity command, Packler has catapulted the St. Clair County, Ill., region toward becoming a cybersecurity, and STEM education leader.Packler and other Defense Community Award honorees were recognized Monday at a lunch ceremony during the Defense Communities National Summit.Packler’s work places a high focus on youth education. Through partnerships with 22 area schools and universities, the Midwest Cyber Center and Leadership Council Southwestern Illinois, he has brought cyber education and career opportunities to more than 14,000 area students. Through these programs, he has helped transform the St. Clair County region into a cybersecurity hub.Another area of importance for Packler focuses on intelligent infrastructure improvement across the country. Packler has spearheaded large-scale projects to renew, harden and robust outdated software, harnessing collaboration from across the U.S. to continuously improve infrastructure.“Col. Packler’s enthusiastic leadership has strengthened our cyber defense posture and educated the next generation of cyberspace warriors, all while developing the workforce at Scott Air Force Base through numerous community partnerships,” said Col. Joseph Meyer, Installation Commander of the 375th Air Mobility Wing. “These efforts have had a huge positive impact both on and off the base.”
Washing your hands in hot water may be pointless as scientists have found that cold water is equally effective at killing germs. Researchers also found that washing even for 10 seconds significantly removed bacteria from the hands.”People need to feel comfortable when they are washing their hands but as far as effectiveness, this study shows us that the temperature of the water used did not matter,” said Donald Schaffner, professor at Rutgers University in the US. In the study, high levels of a harmless bacteria were put on the hands of 21 participants multiple times over a six-month period before they were asked to wash their hands in 60-degree, 79-degree or 100-degree water temperatures using 0.5 millilitre (ml), 1 ml or 2 ml volumes of soap. Also Read – Add new books to your shelf”This study may have significant implications towards water energy, since using cold water saves more energy than warm or hot water,” said Schaffner. While the study indicates that there is no difference between the amount of soap used, more work needs to be done to understand exactly how much and what type of soap is needed to removeharmful microbes from hands, researchers said. “This is important because the biggest public health need is to increase hand-washing or hand sanitising by food-service workers and the public before eating, preparing food and after using the restroom,” said Jim Arbogast, co-author of the study published in the Journal of Food Protection. Also Read – Over 2 hours screen time daily will make your kids impulsiveA number of infectious diseases can be spread from one person to another by contaminated hands. Washing your hands properly can help prevent the spread of the germs that cause these diseases.These findings are significant, particularly to the restaurant and food industry, because the US Food and Drug Administration issues guidelines every four years, researchers said. Those guidelines currently recommend that plumbing systems at food establishments and restaurants deliver water at over 37 degrees Celsius for hand-washing, they said. Schaffner said the issue of water temperature has been debated for a number of years without enough science to back-up any recommendation to change the policy guidelines or provide proof that water temperature makes a difference in hygiene.
A dance ballet on Indian freedom struggle 1857-1947 – depicting every important chapter of the long journey – will be presented by Urvashi Dance Music Art and Cultural Society. Titled ‘Gaurav Gatha’, the event will take place on September 8, at LTG Auditorium Copernicus Marg, New Delhi. Also, a classical dance performance ‘Dishayen – Kathak ki Dishayen’ will enthrall the Delhiites.Urvashi has always been at the forefront for taking initiatives that directly reach out to the underprivileged citizens of our society for the last five years. Urvashi Dance, Music, Art and Cultural society, under the leadership of Kathak exponent and social activist Dr. Rekha Mehra,, President of Urvashi Dance, Music, Art and Cultural Society, organises programs and activities that provide a platform for the weaker sections of the society to showcase their talent, increase their opportunities and empower them to work towards a better tomorrow. Also Read – Add new books to your shelfThe society has also been actively involved in providing essentials like blankets, books, clothes, sewing machines and more to the needy. Urvashi’s many dance productions are designed as educational experiences to address impactful social issues like HIV-AIDS, global warming, female foeticide, girl’s education, war, and peace. Continuing their commitment to the underprivileged, Dr. Rekha Mehra and her team at Urvashi is looking forward to reaching out to a wider audience and communicating the message of peace, love, and harmony through an innovative showcase of artistic expression.