Wanted Guyanese businesswoman nabbed in Suriname

first_imgThe Guyanese businesswoman, who is wanted by the Customs Anti-Narcotics Unit (CANU), as the alleged mastermind behind a drug bust in Canada last month, was nabbed by Surinamese law enforcement.Nabbed: Rosemary SinghThe woman, who has been identified as Rosemary Singh of Lot 123 Ramsingh Street, Annandale; and also Lot 153 South Annandale, East Coast Demerara (ECD), was found after she fled Guyana via boat to Suriname.A source close to the investigation told Guyana Times that the woman was found hiding in the neighbouring country on Saturday morning.However, it was noted that both CANU and their Canadian counterparts are working together as they continue to investigate the drug bust.Singh, proprietress of Rose Bar located in Section C Enterprise, ECD, is wanted for questioning by (CANU) in relation to a cocaine bust in Canada on a bauxite ship that departed Guyana.On September 15, 2018, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) carried out a major drug enforcement exercise during which they seized 81 kilograms of cocaine at the Port of Valleyfield.The drug was found concealed in the hold of a vessel – Jacqueline C – carrying bauxite from Linden, where the ship departed.“After an initial search of the vessel, signs led us to concentrate on the front of the boat. And after a vigorous search, the cocaine was found concealed in bags in the hold of the vessel,” CBSA Deputy Director, Alain Surprenant, was quoted saying in subsequent reports.Nevertheless, four people were arrested; two of whom – 48-year-old Nazir Ahmad Hussain and 36-year-old Roldan De Gorio TITO – were charged with conspiracy to import drugs for the purpose of trafficking.According to a statement on the RCMP’s website, investigations revealed that the seized drug was heading for the Toronto and Vancouver markets.last_img read more

City will make a move for ‘special talent’, Pep

first_img“We will see,” Guardiola said of the club’s transfer business ahead of Sunday’s Community Shield match against FA Cup winners Chelsea.“If at the end we decide to bring another one, it is because he’s a special player, can be a special player for the future, not to have one more player for the number.“So, I’m so satisfied — all my period here, even the first year — with the squad we have. Now from Monday we’ll be all together. We are going to start to think what we have do to this season to maintain the level of last season.”Several players are likely to move on before the window closes on Thursday, with goalkeeper Joe Hart looking to make a permanent exit after difficult loan spells at Torino and West Ham.Guardiola said he was delighted that Brazil forward Gabriel Jesus, 21, had signed a contract extension.“Gabriel has improved a lot since he came,” the City boss said. “His courage, his fight to put every effort for the team is incredible.”Jesus is one of a number of players back in the City reckoning after the World Cup, with Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling the only squad members yet to return to the fold.Summer signing Mahrez has been given the green light to feature at Wembley on Sunday after an ankle complaint but Guardiola is unable to call upon midfielder Douglas Luiz as he waits on a work permit.– Jorginho swoop –New Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri swooped in at the last minute to bring Jorginho to Stamford Bridge from Napoli.“We were close but, in the end, Jorginho decided to stay with (former Napoli boss) Maurizio,” Guardiola said.”Despite missing out on the Italy international, Guardiola spoke positively about Sarri.“The team already in a short time plays like he wants,” the City boss said. “Of course, he needs more time to work but his ideas are already there, so I think it’ll be a good game (on Sunday).“Always Chelsea is a big rival. Antonio (Conte) was. I am delighted that players with this style of play will be perfect for English football. I am so happy he came here.”Guardiola said his team wanted to win the Community Shield to get their season off to a flying start but admitted they would not better last season’s results in the Premier League.“In terms of results, in the Premier League I cannot overcome the results, the numbers of last season, but in the way we play, yes,” he said.“And in other competitions, the FA Cup and Champions League, always we can do better. If I felt it’s done and we cannot improve I would not be here. I stay here because I think we can improve, but to get more than 100 points — no.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is plotting a Premier League title defence © AFP/File / Glyn KIRKLONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 3 – Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola said Friday he will only dip into the transfer market for a “special” talent after a relatively quiet summer of business for the Premier League champions.City’s only high-profile signing so far has been Riyad Mahrez from Leicester in a club-record £60 million ($78 million) deal but Italy international midfielder Jorginho plumped for Chelsea.last_img read more